Many of us spent Sunday 6th at Abbey Mill, sorting out and testing out every piece of equipment. The stages were being assembled; the hay bails have arrived. Can’t wait!
A few things:
* While we have been told that most/all of the local campsites are full, FotL can itself let out spaces in the (largish) garden of the cottage opposite Abbey Mill. Furthermore, we know that various farmers/landowners tend to open fields, etc, so don’t be put off. You will find somewhere!
* It was good to receive news, yesterday, of the success of someone who appeared at FotL a couple of years ago – harpist Gwen Mairi has been nominated, as part of the ’10 Mewn Bws’ project, for a UK lottery award – the only Welsh project and the only music project
* Remember we will have an earlier than normal start on all three days this year – 7pm on Friday and 11am on Saturday and Sunday.
Lots of final preparation being/to be done. New names added to the line-up – in addition to the wonderful music: some comedy, some exotic dancing, some yoga, more stalls, the children’s area, face painting. Fine weather booked.
We also, for the first time, have a wedding when two of our long-time volunteer/organisers tie the knot!
(Very) limited camping in the grounds of the old cottage. The Old Station is 10 minutes walk away and open, but best book. Various landowners rent plots; other options on this site and will crop up on blogs etc.
Of those we know of, released in the last month or so are:
- Odd Fellow and I – ‘Pig Street’. Previews available via Soundcloud. Listen to the jazz/blues flavoured title track – https://soundcloud.com/oddfellow-1/pig-street
- Jon Matthews – ‘My Attic Room’. Shows the range and versatility of Jon’s song writing and musical ability – from a ska version of ‘Blackbird’ to tablas and a sitar. He also plays almost everything. See www.jonmatthewsmusic.co.uk
- The Hittites – ‘Sea’. A step aside from the usually self-penned material – an album of traditional songs associated with the sea and sea-faring . Soon to be more widely available, but find/seek out more info via the band’s Facebook page.
With the clocks moving forward and the evenings drawing out, it finally feels as though Spring has sprung! And what better way to celebrate than by adding the first details of our confirmed artists for FOTL 2014? Head over to the line-up page to see what we have in store.
“Lay With Me” by Melody Causton
“The In House Set” by Victor Vasquez
“Warum” by Blushing Melons
The line-up will be announced very soon. For all the latest news, check back here or visit our Facebook page!